It’s been two years since live music filled the air in The Village Green. For a while, it looked like 2021 might bring another summer of hibernation. However, concerts will make a return this season! With Classic Rock, Retro Dance music, Rhythm and Blues, and Country, we’ve got a little something planned for everyone.
As with all things returning with the decline of the pandemic and like many similar venues across the country, changes are necessary for 2021. Your visit to concerts in The Village Green may look different than in previous years, but we intend to create a safe, affordable, and memorable experience for you, your family, and your friends. We ask for your patience and flexibility.
Here is what you need to know.
- Limited concerts: Concerts On the Commons is a limited edition concert series with two concerts each month in July, August, September, and October. Days and times may vary. July will feature another live music event with a different format, the Village Crawl on Friday, July 16. You can find a list of dates, times, and performers with information on the Concerts page of The Village Green website. Click this link to learn more.
- Buy advance tickets with reserved seating: You need to book tickets within Commons Pods in advance to ensure reserved seating. Tickets can be purchased through Eventbrite. You can either search for Concerts On the Commons in Cashiers or visit the Events page of The Village Green website for a link. Tickets will go on sale typically three weeks before the next month’s concerts. Any Commons Pods not sold by the Wednesday before the scheduled concert will be available for ticket purchase after 5 p.m. on that Friday. No refunds on advance ticket sales.
- Commons Pod seating: You will get to set up your chairs or spread out a blanket, but you will need to buy tickets for a specific size pod. Commons Pods are 8×8 (4-6 people, $50 total) and 10×10 (6-8 people, $70 total). You will get your own spot of the lawn. You can choose your Commons Pod seating on the Eventbrite venue schematic when you buy yours.
- Limited Tents: In order to accommodate as many people as possible, space is limited to six 10×10 pods (10-12 people, $90 total). These must also be purchased in advance. Tents cannot be set up before 5 p.m. on the day of the concert. The tent policy is subject to change.
- General Admission seating: General Admission seating is limited to two sections. Tickets ($5 each) can be purchased in advance on Eventbrite and on the day of the concert.
- Wristbands: Wristbands will be given to all attendees. The Commons venue will only be available to those persons who have purchased tickets for that night’s concert. Ticket holders must check-in at the box office in Harmony Tower of the Commons (located next to the bathrooms).
- Venue Schematic: You can view the seating schematic by downloading the map on the Concerts page of The Village Green website. OR, click this link to download.
- Food and Drink: You are welcome to bring a cooler and picnic. No food and beverage vendors this year.
- Rain or Shine: Concerts are always rain or shine, although we prefer shine.
- No Masks Required: Everyone assumes risk and responsibility for their own health considerations.
- Other Considerations: Dancing is encouraged within individual Commons Pods! Dancing outside of Commons Pods is discouraged to ensure the safety and health of everyone. All of these policies are subject to change.
We are grateful to be able to gather together again for concerts and return to a more normal program of community activities. We hope these measures are only temporary for this year and that we can return to our typical summer concert series in 2022.
Thank you in advance for your patience and flexibility
The Village Green