Village Nature Series
September 26 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 5:00 pm on day Last of the month, repeating until September 26, 2023
The Village Nature Series is an annual educational lecture series co-hosted by The Village Green and the Highlands-Cashiers Land Trust. These programs are free and family-friendly. Each Village Nature Series will begin at 5pm on the last Tuesday of each month from April-September. The series will be held at The Village Green in Cashiers located on Frank Allen Road, with the exception of July 25th (held at the Albert Carlton Cashiers Library). We invite you to join us for the 2023 Village Nature Series!
- April 25th: Sonya Carpenter, Ecologist and Native Plant Enthusiast | Investing in the Biodiversity of Cashiers: Creating a Sustainable Future for a Complex Ecosystem
- May 30th: Dr. Mark Ellison, Pinnacle Forest Therapy, certified Forest Therapy Guide | Hiking to Heal: An Introduction to Forest Therapy
- June 27th: Dr. Gary Wein, Highlands-Cashiers Land Trust Executive Director + Botanist | Sense of Place: A Final Embarkment
- July 25th: Lamar Marshall, Research Director of Southeast Heritage | Cashiers Valley: Ancient Cherokee Travel Corridor
- *NOTE: This Village Nature Series will be held at the Albert Carlton Cashiers Community Library located at 249 Frank Allen Road Cashiers, NC 28717.*
- August 29th: Brit Blackford, Education Director + Senior Naturalist at Balsam Mountain Trust | Amazing Adaptations: Animal Ambassadors
- September 26th: Cameron Ward | Composting 101: Saving the Planet One Orange Peel at a Time
We would also like to thank our incredible sponsor, Cedar Creek Club, for bringing the Village Nature Series for our community.